It's never-ending, it's time consuming and to make matters worse it's a money draining bore.
Well, I'm not quite sure how to make laundry fun for you, but I can at least give you a few tips on how to keep it from being an excessively expensive chore.
1. If a garment has been worn for only a brief period of time, there's really no need to wash it so just hang it up and save it for later! This way you're saving water, energy and time!
2. Downgrade your brand of laundry detergent. Cheaper laundry detergents still smell great and work just as well as big name brands. OR consider making your own detergent. You can find a great tutorial on how to make your own laundry soap HERE.
3. Cut your dryer sheets in half. One box will last twice as long and your clothes will be just as soft. OR just skip the dryer sheets all together! We don't use dryer sheets any more and honestly, I can't tell the difference.
4. Hand wash your clothes and hang them up to dry. I can tell you from experience that jeans and towels are kind of hard to do so you might want to go ahead and put them in the machine (unless you have an old fashioned ringer), but smaller and lighter items like tee shirts, underwear and kid's clothes are easy to wash and dry very fast.
5. Only, wash full loads of laundry. If the load is tiny or you just need a couple items cleaned, wash them by hand instead and hang them up to dry.
See? Easy peasy and simple!
So, how do YOU save money in the laundry room?