Looking for something?

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

How to make money TODAY {without loaning or pawning}



An emergency popped up - you had to dash out of town to help slay the Sasquatch that's been terrorizing your uncle's farm... or something like that. 
Now you're back home, it's Wednesday and your paycheck is pretty much gone.
You're late on rent, you need gas money and food and you won't get paid for another two days!
What in tarnation are you going to do? 

Here are a few ways you can make money TODAY!
This is not a paid post.

Join a local  Facebook "swap shop" group and sell something. Over the past couple months, my husband I have made about $400 from selling odds and ends and unwanted items this way. Some items have sold within minutes of posting! Just search for groups with your Facebook search bar.

Have an impromptu yard sale. I've totally done this before. One morning I gathered up as much stuff as I could and set up shop outside my home. I only made about $15 after a few hours, but that was $15 more than what I started with. If you really want to profit from a yard sale (and if you have the time) have a sale during the weekend. NOTE: some cities require you to have a permit to hold a yard sale. Ask around or contact the city before setting up.

Do odd jobs - babysit, yard work, walk some dogs, clean someone's house, mend some clothes, do some laundry, run errands, anything! Call around or post on Facebook or Twitter that you're open for some side work today.

Take something back to the store - you just bought the latest iPhone but you're facing eviction... you know what you need to do...

Donate Plasma - some clinics will pay you up to $35 or so for some of your plasma and you can donate twice a week. They take your blood, drain off the plasma and return the remains to your system. It takes around half an hour to an hour. To donate, you'll need to be relatively healthy and drug free.

Collect your change - check the car, under couch cushions, coats in your closet and don't forget your old purses. You'll be surprised how much you can scrape up after a quick search! You might not be able to go to Disney World tomorrow but you'll probably be able to buy a taco or two... or three.

Sell your clothes to Plato’s Closet - How it works (right from the site) Bring in your gently used brand name clothing and accessories. While you check out the latest styles in the store, the buyer will review your items. The buyer will create an offer based on style, condition, brand and the store's current stock levels. Once you accept the offer, you'll be on your way with some extra cash or a hot new outfit (or two)!

Go to the pawn shop. Yeah you heard me - but to to NOT pawn. SELL! Consider selling jewelry, musical instruments, phones, cameras and other gently used electronics.

Busk. Got a talent? Are you goooood at it? Then take it to the streets. Tap dance, play an instrument, juggle, magic, etc. Set up in a busy public space, like a park, the side walk or outside a popular coffee shop or restaurant at peak hours (lunch and dinner) and set out a tip jar. If you play an acoustic instrument well, ask the business owner if you can play inside for tips. You might just get asked to come back for a regular weekly gig. NOTE: if a business owner asks you to leave, even if it is public property - just go ahead and pack up. Arguing or getting the cops involved about your right to be there is only going to waste precious time that you could be using to make money. If you know you have a right to be there and wish to challenge a business owner's demands, then go home, do a bit of research, print off your cities laws about the matter and present it to the business owner, RESPECTFULLY!!!





▲▲ FOLLOW ME! ▲▲


  Quirky Bohemian Mama

22 comments:

  1. My daughter and I had a yard sale this summer and made, in three days, enough for me to feed the family and her to buy school clothes (we split what we made). We had planned one this spring but the basement flooded and ruined a lot of what we had to sell.
    Sadly, I have no talent to take outside...watching television doesn't really pay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom recently sold some broken bits of gold she'd had languishing for years for over $300! Hell yeah! This past month I sold a lot of my valuable manga comic books and other books for about $200 to a used book store, sold clothing to Plato's Closet and I'm selling some extra stuff from downsizing my large antique mall booth, like shelves, on Craigslist. There's plenty of ways to make a buck in a pinch. I'm selling like crazy :P Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Plato's Closet never buys my stuff though. I don't have enough AE or Aeropostale. Tried explaining to them that my in-great-shape, but free-to-me Juicy skirt was worth a lot more, but they didn't care. Resale stores are seriously some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just joined a few online swap groups, and they've been great so far! I love little tips like this. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely could clean out my closet and take some clothes to platos closet! Sometimes I can make a good amount of money, other times feels like a rip off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sell all my clothes on Poshmark! Its a great app, & is really easy to use!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips!! Thanks for the ideas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yard sales are a great idea! Maybe if it ever warms up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The idea of selling plasma takes me back to my poor college days. May I never have to do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very humorous take on an awesome informational subject! Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quite a variety of ideas! Joining swap groups is a great idea, especially when it's winter & too cold for a yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every year we have a yard sale that my boys help "work" at it. They love it and it's a great way to teach them to EARN money for something they want.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm definitely looking to sell some clothes and shoes. I have to clear out my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are awesome ideas! I wish it was warm enough in Michigan to have an impromptu yard sale. :)
    xo, Caitlin
    And Possibly Dinosaurs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this list, you are so resourceful. I try to sell something on craigslist or a facebook group every week. It's easy, gets rid of clutter, and brings in some extra cash. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. While we've become frequent sellers on craigslist as of lae, I didn't know about the "Swap Shop" groups on FB. Thanks for sharing :) You provided a lot of great ideas! And....who couldn't use a little extra cash and some decluttering in their life?! Spring cleaning is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great ideas! When my ex-husband and I were in college nd we had babies at home to feed , he use to go sell his plasma for $50 it bought diapers and a few extra things we needed. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it's about time we had a yard sale. The garage is getting a little full. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh bless some of these are pretty extreme! But the yard sale and taking something back to the store sound reasonable!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I used to do the plasma one. If you have had the antrax shot you can make big bucks. My son is in the Navy and had it so when he gets back to the states he will donate.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Find out how THOUSAND of people like YOU are working for a LIVING online and are living their dreams right NOW.

    Get daily ideas and methods for making THOUSAND OF DOLLARS per day ONLINE for FREE.

    GET FREE ACCESS TODAY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Related Content